HOW TO BE COMPLIANT WITH GOOGLE ADS POLICIES- WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE ADVERTISING ON GOOGLE, TO KEEP YOUR GOOGLE ADS ACOUNT SAFE
FACTS YOU SHOULD BE AWARE OF BEFORE ATTEMPING TO ADVERTISE ON GOOGLE ADWORDS
Please consider that if your business ads account gets closed it can rarely be reopened even, using your personal and company details, payment methods and google log in credentials (if you apply in written form, explicitly apologizing and stating that you will be more careful in the future)! Google can also track your ip address and device..
Taken this under consideration It would be wise to respect certain rules in advance ,before you create your adwords and ccount and start aadvertising, so that you avoid frustration , confusion and loss of potential revenue in the future.
- Most compliant driven network, Strict rules and highest targeted and best quality traffic. Huge traffic available # 1 most frequently visited website and search engine platform. Google partners and controls perhaps over 90% of all blogs and websites, because most publishers use adsense advertising in their web properties. In addition, even on Microsoft browsers and search engine , there are search and contextual network or display ads that advertisers built in Google Adwords.
- No black hat marketing . Make sure your website is compliant of Google policies
- Avoid using Google’s default suggestions when you are running campaigns especially if you have a small budget and business, because you risk to waste a lot of money
- Avoid these niches and businesses that are not compliant with Google’s advertising policies:
Please read the full, official directives for google advertising policies
-Everything that is generally illegal to merchandise for most countries worldwide
-Adult-Oriented Products/Content .Adult dating
-Copyright Contents & Counterfeits
Gambling and Games
-Pharmaceuticals & Medical Devices
-Financial Services ( and cryptocurrency related investments). When promoting financial products and services, you must comply with state and local regulations for any region or country that your ads target — for example, include specific disclosures required by local law.
– No drugs, guns, sexual content, adult dating,pharmaceutical medicines-drugs
– Supplements and Health and Fitness Products are Allowed , But With Caution (see disclaimers about products below)
There are multiple factors that determine when trademarks can be used in ads. Along with the factors described in our Policy Center, these policies apply only when a trademark owner has submitted a valid complaint to Google.
You’re always responsible for ensuring that you comply with all applicable laws and regulations, in addition to Google’s advertising policies, for all of the locations where your ads are showing.
Especially if you are advertising supplements and health related products you should use Disclaimers Everywhere:
Must Be Visible, Same Font Size And Color
Disclaimer About Your Product E.g., If You
For example: The products and statements made about specific products on this web site have not been evaluated by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease. All information provided on this web site or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional
Testimonial Needs Disclaimer! E.g., Results May Not Be Typical Nor Expected For Every Consumer.
Disclaimer On Results
Use Asterisk To Let Google Be Aware That There’s a Disclaimer, Just Like A Regular Car Ad On Newspaper
Mandatory For Opt-in Pages, Newsletter Sign-up, Webinar Sign-up Or Any Methods You Use To Get Prospect Information
Must Be Visible Right Under The Submit Button
Statements To Use: Your Information Is 100% Secure And Will Not Be Shared With Anyone. We Respect Your Privacy
Websites to use as references to quickly create and edit your legal pages after editing them and conforming for your purposes- Free legal pages generators :
Prepare Your Website and Pages:
- Write-create at least 10-20 high quality, value delivering posts and pages in the website you connected your ads account with
- Add only 1 website for each google ads account.
- Cloaking is prohibited and one of the biggest mistakes that lead to accounts shut downs for good! Do not attempt to mislead and direct users-visitors to other websites and content that it is not what it looks like
- Shortened links and shorteners such as bitly, are not allowed . Using these links would make your campaigns not eligible and disapproved.
- In affiliate marketing avoid direct linking to the sales page at all costs. A bridge page , it may be a listicle ( article + list), or product review should be standing in between with always relevant content.
Terms Of Service/Use Layout should point out your:
Scope Of Use
Limitation Of Liability
Governing Law And Jurisdiction
ØUse Of Personal Information Collected
ØOther Information Collected Online
ØInformation We Share
ØHow To Be Removed From Database
ØNon-Company Related Sponsor Promotions
Your Refund Policy Layout
ØWho’s Eligible For Return
ØSteps To Start Refund Process
ØProcessing Time And Status Of Refund
ØList Any Non-eligible Refund Reasons
ØEmphasizing Your Guarantees And How It Works
ØClear Contact Method
Use Universities, Government Websites, Reputable And High Authority Websites, And Publications
Treat Google Like A Law Firm, You Need To Have Adequate Proof Of What You Are Claiming
Supplement, Weight Loss, Make Money And Any Result-Driven Products Will Need Back Up References
Make sure you have a good reason for asking for an email :
> Google Hates Email Harvesting .
> Webinar Sign-Up With Bonus
> eBook (Make Sure You Sell This Under Your Product Page)
> Newsletter Sign-Up For Weekly Information
- Avoid third party page building softwares as a lot of them are not considered reliable and legitimate and do not direct link to affiliate offers.
- Always use https protocol, with ssl encryption, safe links. For example https://www.mywebsite.com
- Navigation bar in your website is mandatory
What kind of phraseology,editorial, ad copies, headlines and wordings-phrases and technical issues to avoid:
Google allows ads that are clear, professional in appearance, and that lead users to content that is relevant, useful, and easy to interact with.
Examples of promotions that don’t meet these editorial and professional requirements:
- overly generic ads that contain vague phrases such as “Buy products here”
- gimmicky use of words, numbers, letters, punctuation, or symbols such as FREE, f-r-e-e, and F₹€€!!
- Overhyped, exaggerating, misleading , overpromising claims, induces and promises that are aimed at scamming and deceit users. Do not use ad copies and phrases in your content such as ‘’ Take this course and become a millionaire in 3 months’’ or ‘’This secret recipe will help you lose 20 lbs in 2 weeks’’. Instead use more legit statements like ‘’ We experienced an 50% increased number of visitors after applying the SEO strategies of this course’’ , ‘’This course may help you grow your online sales’’ etc
Examples of promotions that don’t meet destination requirements:
- A display URL that does not accurately reflect the URL of the landing page, such as “google.com” taking users to “gmail.com”
- Sites or apps that are under construction, parked domains, or are just not working
- Sites that are not viewable in commonly used browsers
- Sites that have disabled the browser’s back button
- Pages that redirect the users-visitors to other sites after a certain period of time ( usually after a few seconds) without users clicking on any related hypertext links
- Deceitful pop ups ( exit pop ups not included)
Do not make false claims and statements: Use Suggestive Claims And Change The Tone Of Your Words . Avoid Hard Claims , 100% Guarantee Result
References and sources : Google Advertising Policies Help